Saturday 7 April 2012

Brendan Dawes

I really enjoyed Brendan Dawes work because he seem like like a an ordinary guy who just wakes up and makes things. I liked the DIY aesthetic to his work. I like that he is very in tune with the latest technology and how he merges it with his rather than shirk off any 'new thing'. His talk taught me new ways of working rather than the conventional way that I am used to i.e sketchbook.

I also enjoyed the way he used the Makerbot Thing-O-Matic 3D Printer to make and print 3D product in plastic in his own home. 


This is his business card made using the machine, which i thought was more interesting than a bog standard rectangle card.





One of his prints LISSAJOUS ITERATION PRINT / 2012

visit his website for more images HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment