Sunday 8 April 2012

gender steotypes

As seen in the my last entry the gender role stereotypes (particularly feminist stereotypes) is a wide a diverse topic to get my hands on. I have found it hard to find a purpose in this subject because I feel I cant achieve a statement without standing on someone toes. Taking risk is a big factor in my work and usually I would challenge these gender roles and experiment and innovate my ideas, however this topic does not reach out to me so i am extending on my 'post it' notice board and I am going to look at animals in social role to produce a tongue in cheek scenarios reflecting on the human condition today from out wonderful rioting youth, the 'chav' generation and other social classes from middle, upper and working class.
Spice Grils in Suffragette poster and riot GRRL band mock up
Abby Clansy 'wag' in WSPU suffragettes poster
mock up 

No comments:

Post a Comment