Sunday 22 April 2012

'Textile Sculptues' by Irene Waller


Josep Grau Garriga
I found this book, 'Textile Sculptures' by Irene Waller very interesting and inspiring. The pieces that came to my attention most in the book were these hanging sculptures. All of them are very differant through texture, weight and fabric but they all have share the same heavy, hanging quality which I find really interesting.
 Sheila Hicks
 Ritzi and Peter Jacobs

I think the contrast between the linear sewn quality compared to the drawn lines in the background of the piece above  makes it stand out. By drawing familiar qualities onto the background that are represented within the fabric in the sculpture it makes the piece feel continuos, and to me much more effective.
 Walter Nottingham
 Sherri Smith
 Claire Zeilser

No comments:

Post a Comment