Wednesday 9 May 2012

deciding an conclusion


For this project I have developed ideas and pushed areas of my work into a discipline(-illustration) that I have never been personally experienced before. I have been trying to finalise ideas which could be presented for my exhibition and at a tutorial it was agreed that some ideas where not as strong or realistic than others.

Proposal 1: Animation

An animation would have been an ideal way to show off the content of the work and the ideologies   behind it. It would be frustrating to think someone would view my work and not see the purpose of it as a statement of social class and segregations. I have put so much thought into my work I would wish it to be expressed to it's full potential.

So why not?
the problem with an animation for this project and the main reason I can not use it is time. I dont have enough time and I will not be able to achieve the best animation in two weeks. It is pointless in putting time and effort into a concept and not be able to produce something I know I could have done so much better job if I have a longer time limit or planned on the first week that I wanted to do this but its more about the journey.

Proposal 2: Illustrations

I know that this is what I want to do for my final piece but their where two directions I could have gone and it really confused me until I had a tutorial(which we have this weekend) and it helped me clear my mind.

A. Illustrations of the blue tits, pigeon and rabbits to be framed and present as a series on board
-Similar to a newspaper or comic book strip layout,
-however it doesn't make sense in terms of the illustration would not any kind of structure in terms of a story so it could be a little confusing.

B. Illustration to be made into 3D life standing figurines
-hidden within the scene of hotspur house
-photoshop editing
-composition
-playing around with the colours and brushes.
-images mounted on foam/card backing and the manipulated to created a free standing 'card board cut out'

So I am going to develop proposal 2 - B after our tutorial and group discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment