Monday 7 May 2012

Rabbits!

In my work I wish to look at these fluffy animals and put them in situations In our wonderful youth. Rabbits have been portrayed in many different ways for instance in the Alice and wonderland illustration by Ralph Steadman the rabbit it a odd human like character that has some darker, twisted connotations compared to Beatrice Potters sweet Peter Rabbit. I have also looked into one of my childhood memories of the book and the film watership down. It is an incredible story where these little rabbits even have their own language and set off to find a new and safe tranquility of home. I have brought this up because recently the lands in which the author was inspired is now possibly in jeopardy as it may be turned a lovely new housing estate......

No comments:

Post a Comment